We offer an exceptional hands on learning experience in an authentic, creative photo studio. We will custom design lessons so you can learn what you are specifically interested in.
Private lessons are ideal for people who are unable to commit to weekly classes due to their schedule or may prefer to learn in a one on one setting. All of our instructors are professionals in the field and will offer a supportive learning environment.
1 hour lesson $75 +hst
5 hour package $350 +hst
10 hour package $650 +hst
Trina is available for lessons on Thursdays & Fridays from 12pm-6pm, and 7:15pm-9:30pm, as well as Saturdays from 10:00am-4:00pm. During the months of November and December, Trina is unavailable to teach any private lessons.
Scott is available Wednesday-Saturday from 12-6pm and Thursday evenings from 7:15- 9:30pm.
Level: Beginner to Advanced. Please note our private lessons are not intended for professional photography training, as this would be a conflict of interest to our studio. Trina does not teach private lessons in how to photograph weddings, family portraits or the business of a photography studio.
When you purchase a private lesson package, time can be divided up amongst our various instructors at your discretion.
Trina Koster has been a professional wedding and portrait photographer and workshop instructor for over 20 years. To view her portfolio click here
Here are some topics that you can learn from Trina:
- How to use your camera manually; ISO, shutter speeds and f.stops.
- Using the light meter, how to take proper exposures and read the histogram.
- Understanding all the buttons on your camera, what the features do and why you would use them.
- Composition- the Elements & Principles of Design.
- Visual language- storytelling with your camera.
- Developing your creativity through experimental exercises.
- Understanding natural light using reflectors and diffusion panels.
- Basics of flash photography.
- How to use studio lighting.
- Receive constructive feedback on your images to help take your photography to the next level. Many of our students express that Trina’s critiques were the highlight of their workshop experience.
- Portfolio development- excellent for students applying for photography college.
- Trina can work with you as an art director to help you select your strongest images from a photo project or photo trip. It can be extremely useful to have a professional eye and a second opinion when selecting images to create a book or a gallery wall of images.
- Using Aperture image management and editing software program (for Mac only).
Scott Mooney is a professional illustrator and photo retoucher. To view his portfolio click here
Here are some topics that you can learn from Scott:
- Basics of using Photoshop Elements.
- Basic to advanced level of using Photoshop for photo retouching.
- Learn how to make adjustments to specific parts of a photograph in Photoshop, using masks with curves, hue/saturation, and blending modes.
- Image cleanup using the clone stamp, healing brush, content aware fill.
- Digital illustration and graphic design in Photoshop.
- Adobe Illustrator: make designs and illustrations using pen tools, bush tools, and type tools.
- Adobe In Design (at a beginner’s level); the very basics of making multipage documents for e-books and printed books, manuals, brochures, etc.
- Using a Wacom Tablet and Stylus for more precise Photoshopping.
- Drawing by hand with pencils, brush and ink, charcoal (total beginner’s to advanced).
- Creating cartoon and comics (available for ages 6 and up).
Want to take your photography to another level? Well you’re at the right place! I have participated in many of the learning opportunities offered by Trina and associates since my decision to advance my knowledge and skill in photography. Each activity has provided me with a unique setting to push my limits as a photographer. The individual coaching sessions allowed to me to structure my learning agenda based on my needs and Trina’s observations of my images. These sessions helped me to consolidate information from the group activities as well as time to pursue my own objectives in a one-on-one format. For photographers who are at this point in their learning journey, I strongly endorse one-on-one coaching with Trina.
Former Superintendent of Education and now a passionate photographer
Learning Ways Inc.
To register now:
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 519-767-2948.